7. Changes in the film and television career ପ(๑•ᴗ•๑)ଓ ♡
Hello everyone!
Today I'm going to talk about the changes I would like to make to the curriculum of my career. As I mentioned before, I study film and television at the University of Chile and I am already in my last year of my career, so I have been able to go through all the courses corresponding to the curriculum.
As for the existing courses, I would mainly like to modify the order in which some of them are taught and the focus they have.
As for the basic training courses, it is essential to include the needs of the film and television career, since unfortunately 90% of the professors are from journalism and it is difficult for them to include us adequately in the program of each course.
As for the courses of the career, I consider it necessary that we can see in the first year all the courses that correspond to the main departments of an audiovisual production (directing, screenwriting, assistant directing, cinematography, sound direction, art direction, production and editing).
I emphasize this because there are some extremely important areas that are already very advanced in the career. For example, assistant directing (which in my opinion should be mandatory and not an elective branch as it is currently) should be taught in the first year and not in the fifth year as it is.
Production starts in the third year, when learning this is extremely important for the success of a short or feature film, be it fiction or documentary.
In addition to this, I consider it very important that during the first year of the course, in the Production Workshop, it is mandatory that students rotate through the different departments, since it usually happens that from the beginning people "marry" with a specific department and there are other students who do not have the opportunity to work or even know if they would like to dedicate themselves to a specific position. I give my case as an example, I could never do photography direction.
It is very important to increase the amount of practical work over theoretical work, as I feel that currently it is the other way around and this career is almost 100% practical work and in the field!
As for the study load we have, I think it is adequate, only that the teachers seem that instead of agreeing to divide the different evaluations, they agree to leave all the evaluations for the same week hahahaha. The length of the course is also an issue, to me it seems adequate taking into account that we graduate with a degree and an associate's degree.
As for the institute as such, I think it should have more green areas and rest areas, since as students we must (we had to) almost always go to other faculties to rest.
It is also important to increase the stock of audiovisual equipment, since the school is always short of it (especially in the fifth year, when we have about 3 cameras for the whole generation).
I would like to see these measures implemented as they would make the university experience of film and television very enjoyable and fun (in my opinion).
Thanks for reading this far (I think I went on too long hahaha).
The "As for"- formula might need synonyms. What do you think?
ReplyDelete